A friend asked me for a recipe for sattvic burrito wrap.
Burritos are the traditional food of Mexican people but originated in Texas. It is a common food sold on roadside stands. Burrito is a roll filled with choice of meat, cheese, and vegetables. The over covering is made of wheat, flour, or corn. Some burritos are rolled tightly and deep fried. Burritos can be spicy or mild depending on the choice of the person. Burritos are usually served with salsa, Jalapeno sauce (green chilies), and tomato ketchup.
Sattvic Rice and Beans Burrito Recipe
There is no reason why you can’t enjoy a delicious sattvic burrito wrap that is just as satisfying! This recipe features a sattvic stuffing made with rice, black beans, and veggies. It’s the perfect meal for anyone who wants to enjoy healthy good food. Make your own burrito wrap and give this sattvic burrito wrap a try!
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cheese (optional)
- 4 large rotis
1. In a large pan, add cooked rice, fresh chopped cilantro, and drizzle with the lime juice. Warm the rice for few minutes.
2. In a bowl assemble all the vegetables, sprinkle black pepper to taste.
3. In medium heat in another pan, add black beans, chili powder, cumin, and hot sauce, stirring to combine. Allow for 5 minutes.
4. Over the warm roti, leave about 3 finger width space and spoon one tablespoon of bean mixture, one tablespoon of rice, and 1 tablespoon of mixed vegetables. Sprinkle cheese if you are using it.
5. Fold both the edges into the burrito and cover the sides like a flap. Roll it tightly. Cut into half and serve immediately.
You can use onions (½ onion chopped) instead of green onions if you wish. If you are using onions, you must wash it in boiling water and sauté it with oil before use.