Sattvic Vegan Hash Brown
- 1 medium sized potato
- 1 cup pumpkin or cucumber or Zucchini
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon dhania powder
- 1 teaspoon amchur
- 1tablesppon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoon coconut (optional)
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup corn meal (if gluten free) or farina (rava)
- Cut the potato, pumpkin or zucchini or cucumber into bite size pieces.
- Wash thoroughly and add in a pot with 1 cup water. Add salt and turmeric.
- Stir in all the vegetables. Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- When the vegetables are tender, add jeera,dhania, amchur and grated ginger. Add chopped cilantro. Stir well cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add oil, coconut and corn meal. Stir vigorously to remove any lumps. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Shape the cool mixture into patties. Put it on a greased saucepan and flip the sides after 3 minutes.
- Serve with Vegan yogurt or peanut chutney or carrot chutney or tomato sauce.