You can make this soup when you are fasting, doing nirahara samyama or recovering from stomach bug. Stir in lime juice if you like it tart. You can also add yogurt or buttermilk to give a different taste.
- 4 large rice paper/ spring roll wrappers
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 1/4 cup organic quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter (optional)
- Break and soak rice paper in water for 20 minutes.
- Add quinoa, salt, peppercorn, turmeric and ginger. Cover and cook at low flame for 10 minutes.
- Stir frequently and add more water if the mixture thickens.
- Switch off the heat and drizzle lime juice. Mix well.
- Add butter when serving.
- Eat hot add butter.