Avocado’s creaminess comes from fat, which is healthy and recommended for increasing the absorption of Vitamin D and proteins. This recipes balances the creamy texture of Avocados and proteins packed in chickpeas.
- 1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/2 organic avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon tamarind juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Cilantro (optional)
- Blend garbanzo beans and avocado with water in a blender until smooth.
- Add the mixture to a heavy bottom vessel and mix with tamarind juice, salt, and black pepper. Cook at medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in lime juice before serving.
- Serve warm. Sprinkle cilantro if you are using.