Make this recipe with all varieties of eggplant. Use at least 10-12 small sized eggplant or 2 long japanese eggplant or Vazhuthalangai. Buy and use only organic vegetables. Even greenhouse grown plants can have high chemical load if grown with fertilizers.
1. 1 medium sized organic eggplant
2. 1 teaspoon organic coconut oil
3. 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
4. 2 red chilies, broken
5. 1 teaspoon organic channa dal
6. 1 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
7. 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
8. 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
9. 1 teaspoon organic sesame seeds
10. 1 teaspoon organic dhania (coriander) seed powder
11. 12 organic curry leaves
12. 1/2 teaspoon hing (asafoetida powder)
1. Wash and dice the eggplants.
2. In a pan, add one teaspoon organic coconut oil, mustard seeds, channa dal, and red chilies.
3. Break two red chilies into pieces and add. For a spicy eggplant, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon red chili flakes.
4. Add the diced eggplants into the pan when the mustard seeds splutter.
5. Add 1 teaspoon organic turmeric powder and salt. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stir intermittently.
6. Mix well and add 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil.
7. Cover and cook until the eggplant is tender.
8. Sprinkle sesame seeds and dhania powder.
9. When the eggplants are well blended add the curry leaves.
10. Sprinkle with hing and mix well.
11. Switch off the heat and allow the hing to mix well.
12. Serve warm or cold. The recipe can be frozen.
Serve with turmeric rice , quinoa,roti, puri, dosa, idli. Make a sandwich. Click on the link or click below for sattvic recipes.
turmeric rice (https://youtu.be/V9_X-mm10XY)
Return to LivingSattva Home Return to Recipes page