Creamy coconut rice made in instapot is filling and tastes delicious. Use coconut oil or nut butter if you are vegan.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 teaspoon jeera/ cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables
- 1 cup chopped potato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 12 pepper corns
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups water
- Ghee for drizzling (optional)
- Set your cooker in rice setting. Our cooker was set at brown rice setting. Add coconut oil and jeera. When jeera sizzles add mixed vegetables, potato and mix well.
- Add rice and mix with the vegetables. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Now add water, salt, coconut, turmeric, peppercorn and ginger. Mix well. Cover and cook at recommended cooking setting.
- Mix the cooked rice well.
- Serve with chips or other crunchy items. See serving suggestions below.