All Gourds are considered to be sattvic and highly preferred by people who follow sattvic diet. In general gourds and cucumbers contain plenty of moisture or water content. All cucurbits contain the sap or curd and must be eliminated before cutting them for consumption. Many people are allergic to cucumber curd and must be careful before consuming snake gourd.
- Tender snake gourd- 1
- Coconut oil- 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Channa dal- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilies- 2
- Grated ginger- 2 teaspoon
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Cut the snake gourd vertically and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Further cut the snake gourd into thin vertical slices about 1 centimeter across.
- In a thick bottom pan, add oil, mustard seeds, chilies and heat at medium flame.
- When mustard seeds splutter add the chopped snake gourd, salt and turmeric. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated ginger and check the tenderness of the snake gourd.
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool in the heat.