Make this kanji after upavasa. It is proteinaceous and helps fill the stomach easily. It is also easy to make this.
- mung dal, ½ cup
- water, 2 cups
- milk, 1 cup
- jaggery, 1 cup
- cardamom, 3pods
- saffron, 2 threads
- In a pan dry roast the mung dal until it turns light brown.
- Add 2 cups of water. Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes in low flame.
- Boil milk in a separate vessel.
- When the dal is cooked, add jaggery, saffron and powdered cardamom.
- Add more water if you need it to be more liquid.
- When it cools, add the boiled milk.
- Stir well, offer the kanji to Paramashiva and drink it.
Serve with fresh fruits.