Make moong dal soup for nirahara samyama or other spiritual types of fast. Use organic ingredients for best results.
- 1 cup moong dal
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon/ lime juice
- 1 teaspoon pepper-jeera powder
- In a large, heavy bottom vessel, add washed moong dal and 3 cups of water. Cover and allow it to boil at medium heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Keep checking for water level. As water evaporates, be sure to add some more.
- When moong dal is fully cooked it will disintegrate when stirred with a spoon. Blend it well and add ginger, salt and pepper-jeera powder.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in lime juice
- To make in Instapot: Wash and add dal, water, ginger, salt and jeera powder in the pot. Set to chili/bean setting (cook time 11:00 min). Remove after cooking. Stir in lime juice.
Serving suggestions: Eat with Cabbage Pakodas, Kaara Waddai, Puri bites