- 1 cup cooked horsegram
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink salt
- 1/4 cup tamarind juice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 tablespoon chana dal
- 1 teaspoon udad dal
- 2 red chilis
- 1/4 cup water
- 6-8 curry leaves
- Soak horsegram overnight. Cook #horsegram in #instapot or pressure cook it with just enough water covering the horsegram. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In a pan toast dry roast red chilies, chana dal, udad dal and #coconut until golden. Allow to cool.
- Blend coconut mixture and transfer the mixture to a heavy bottom pan. Add #turmeric, #tamarind juce and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix well. Add the cooked horsegram to this mixture.
- Bring to a slow boil at medium heat for the 15 minutes. Add curry leaves and sprinkle with vegan cheese or #ghee before serving.
Serving suggestions: Serve with roti, dosa, idli, vegetable rice,turmeric rice. You can also add kollu to salad, eat with bread or make a wrap with lettuce leaves.