Cookies can also be made with spices and salt. If you would like to try a different taste in your cookie or are on a mission to cut out sugar from your diet, give this recipe a try. The recipe is versatile and can be used with several different flours, easy to bake and make. It is also versatile in the sense you can add about 1/4 cup milk to increase moisture and make it into bun or bread. Cookies store well for up to 3 days. Might keep longer, but it did not last that long in my house to verify! Find this recipe featured on our Youtube channel here.
This recipe is a makeover recipe. Please read this blog post to understand how this recipe evolved.
- You Need:
- 1 cup flour (use any kind)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt (if using paneer)
- 8-10 tablespoon milk (if making bread or bun)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 tsp chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 10 peppercorns
- Add flour and salt (if using) in a bowl and mix well.
- In one corner of the bowl add baking soda and baking powder. Top with lime juice. Wait until the fizz settles down.
- Sprinkle chia seeds and add cottage cheese.
- Mix with finger tips until the mixture is crumbly. Add chili powder and popper corn. Continue to mix until the dough is smooth.
- Make lime sized balls of the dough. Arrange on a greased baking sheet. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Remove when the edges are beginning to brown.
- Let cool on the baking sheet.
- Store in air tight containers for up to a week.
Serving suggestions: Eat savory cookie with Sattvic Chai, Lemon rice, Raita, salad.