Sattvic Potato in tamarind gravy can be prepared as a side dish for any meal. Tamarind helps to flush out the toxins from your system. You can also make this recipe with fingerling potatoes or baby potatoes. This recipe is tastes good a couple of hours after cooking as the tamarind marinates the potatoes. You can also add this recipe to pasta or noodles. Drizzle with coconut oil and sprinkle coconut oil if you are adding this to pasta. The recipe goes well with rice, roti, dosa, or idli. Find the link to the recipes at the end of this post. Use organic ingredients for best results
1. 2 cups warm water
2. 1 lemon sized tamarind ball [1tablespoon tamarind extract]
3. 1 tablespoon grated ginger
4. 4 black peppercorns, crushed
5. 2 potatoes diced
6. 1 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
7. 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
8. 4 cups organic spring salad mix or spinach
1. Soak the tamarind in warm water for a few minutes. Squeeze the tamarind to extract the pulp. If you are using tamarind extract, use 1 tablespoon tamarind extract.
2. In a pan, add the tamarind water, black pepper, grated ginger and diced potatoes.
3. Cover and bring to a boil about 20 minutes.
4. When the potatoes become tender, wash and add 4 cups of spring salad mix or spinach.
5. Cook on medium heat for another 15 minutes, until the leaves wilt and the water evaporates.
Serve with roti, puri, dosa, idli or pancakes. Click on the link or click below for sattvic recipes.
vegan pancakes (https://youtu.be/a3Th_kQ6fQw)