Methi or fenugreek along with wheat is good meal for diabetics. It is also good for healing the guts. Add flax seeds if you want to increase fiber. If you do not want to fry the puri, you can roast it on a hot pan.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ½ cup dry methi leaves
- ½ teaspoon ajwain seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder (optional)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup organic coconut oil (for frying)
- Mix wheat flour, methi leaves, salt, and ajwain seeds. Add red chili flakes and mango powder, if using.
- Make a well and add yogurt. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup water in parts and knead into a smooth dough. Some wheat flour might need more water.
- Pinch a Ping-Pong ball sized dough and roll into thin circles using rolling pin.
- Fry in heated oil for under a minute on both sides.
- Drain on paper towel and serve warm.
Serve methi puri with Cholae, Potato Sagu, Eggplant Saung