- 1 cup moong dal
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon organic grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoon jaggery, powdered
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 2 tablespoon tamarind juice
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- 5 organic cashews
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Dry roast moong dal for 3 minutes. In the same vessel, add water, quinoa, ginger, peppercorn, salt, jaggery powder and tamarind juice. Mix well. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Stir frequently in the 2o minutes and add water as needed. Multicolored Quinoa tends to cook slowly and needs more water than a single colored quinoa.
- Saute cashews and cumin seeds in coconut oil at low heat and add to Quinoa.
- Mix well. Cover and allow to come to room temperature before serving.