Make this recipe when you want to clear your sinus and recover from cold. When the tastes are blunt and nasal passages are blocked, this is a great recipe to clear your insides. Eat with rice and ghee. Hot rice and ghee helps to improve circulation and keeps your energy in high level high. Vegetables and spices are filled with healing and life giving energies. It is important to match the needs of the body with the right spices.
- You need:
- 1. 1 raw plantain, chopped
- 2. 1 cucumber, chopped
- 3. 1cup cooked lentils
- 4. 1cup coconut, shredded
- 5. 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 6. 4 red chilies
- 7. 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 8. 10 black pepper corns
- 9. 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 10. Spring of curry leaves
- 11. 1/2 cup tamarind juice
- 12. 2 cups water
- 13. 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1. Add 2 cups water, salt, turmeric and chopped raw plantain in a heavy bottom vessel. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes. When the plantain turns golden and soft, it is cooked.
2. Add chopped cucumber, tamarind water. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Now, add cooked lentils and stir well.
4. Blend coconut, rice flour, red chilies, pepper corn, ginger in a blender until it becomes a smooth paste.
5. Add to vegetables an allow to come to rolling boil for another 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle curry leaves.
Serve with hot warm rice and ghee. You can also eat this with idli, dosa, pancakes, roti, or akki roti.