Making chutney with vegetables is one of the best ways to eat more vegetables. When made with specific set of spices, the chutneys are tasty and serve multiple purposes.
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mango powder, aamchoor
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon methi seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 6 peppercorns
- ¼ cup water
- Wash and chop bell pepper and ginger into small pieces.
- Add coconut oil and all the seeds in a heavy bottom vessel. Warm it for 5 minutes at low heat until the seeds sizzle.
- Add chopped bell pepper, salt, and ginger. Stir frequently.
- Turn off heat when the bell pepper is cooked. Add mango powder.
- Allow to cool. Blend with water and peppercorn until smooth.